Dermaplaning is a non-invasive physical exfoliation service using a modified surgical blade to remove dry, dead, superfluous skin from the stratum corneum. Not only does it exfoliate the outer layers, but it also removes the vellus hairs (a.k.a. peach fuzz) in the process. Potential results include:
- Removal of dry, flaky skin with an improvement in texture
- Reduced appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Diminished superficial pigmentation
- Removal of vellus hair
- Skincare is more readily absorbed and effective
- Make up will apply smoothly and have an improved finish
Dermaplaning is suitable for most skin types but patients who have the following are not candidates for this treatment: Active cold sores (in the area to be treated), bleeding disorders, anti-coagulation therapy, active infections (viral or bacterial), acne (grades 3 & 4), raised scars (cannot be treated over), open lesions, or sun-burned skin.
We can perform your dermaplaning as a stand-alone appointment or incorporated in a facial or be used to prep for a chemical peel. For best results, we recommend dermaplaning every 4-6 weeks.
- Full Face – $125
- Full Face with Facial – $175