BD&A Hair Loss Clinic
- Hair loss, also called alopecia, is an irregular interruption in the natural growth of hair. Although alopecia can occur in any area of the body that grows hair, it mostly occurs on the scalp.
- Many factors may cause hair loss in women and men; these can include genetics, medication side-effects, autoimmune conditions, trauma, lifestyle, and natural aging.
- The first step to treating your hair loss is to identify your particular type of hair loss and likely cause.
- By establishing care with in our Dermatology Clinic, our MD or PA-C can review your health history, examine your areas of concern, and determine your plan of care.
- Treatment options for hair loss may include over the counter products, oral and topical prescriptions, medication injections, and Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) therapy.
- We can also establish a baseline for your condition by performing a thorough HairMetrix Analysis.
- HairMetrix Analysis (trichoscopy) uses AI technology to capture detailed information to include hair thickness, growth phase, and number of hairs and follicles per cm.
Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy for Hair Loss
- Once your provider has determined you are a candidate for PRP therapy we can schedule your treatment.
- PRP therapy starts with drawing your blood and placing it into a centrifuge to extract the platelet-rich plasma. The platelet-rich plasma is drawn into a syringe and then injected into areas of the scalp that need increased hair growth.
- PRP therapy works by using growth factors in your blood to strengthen hair follicles and promote hair growth. When injected into areas of the scalp as a part of the treatment plan for hair loss, PRP treatments improve hair thickness, lengthen the growth phase of hair follicles, and encourages overall rejuvenation of the scalp. PRP therapy is an excellent treatment option due to the effectiveness of the treatment, the lack of downtime, and minimal side effects.
- To maximize results, patients start with a series of 3 – 4 treatments; each typically spaced one month apart. Once this initial treatment phase is over, maintenance sessions are recommended every 3 months for 1 year.
- HairMetrix Analysis is repeated over the course of treatment to determine if your hair thickness and volume is maintained or improved.
- The charge for PRP therapy is $800 per treatment. Hair loss treatment is considered cosmetic in nature and is not covered by insurance. However, some treatments but may be considered eligible expenses for your HSA or Flexible Spending Accounts.